Tuesday, January 4, 2011

First Day!



I had my first day as a Visual Intern at the Christiana Anthropologie store today! My bosses Jason and Nicole are so talented and I can't wait to work with them. My first job was to scrape all of the "sale" paint off the windows. It literally gave me blisters. Then the fun began. I got to hot glue moss on tables to complete these mystical tree stump villages created by my bosses. I love hot glue, so that was fun. Then I started working on constructing a future window display out of chicken wire. I had never worked with it before, but I might add it to my future projects somehow because its so cheap and easy to mold. The only down side is that it made my fingers bleed. Then I cut about a trillion circles out of tissue paper with a super cool cutting machine that is basically a perfectionist's dream. Those will be for that window display somehow. Lastly, I started taking apart close pins... 3000 of them. That is still a work in progress though. Apparently it was a dull day, so I'm really excited to see what is to come! Above are a few things that I showed when applying for the internship. I just happened to do a shopping bag design for Anthropologie, so I showed them what I did there!

No comments:

Post a Comment